LANSING — Representative Jennifer Conlin scored numerous big wins for her district and the surrounding communities in the most recent Michigan budget. “I’m excited about the priorities in this budget. Our historic investment in education will make a difference in the life of every family in Michigan. We’re prioritizing public safety by upgrading Michigan’s emergency alert system,” said State Representative Conlin.
The highlights of the budget wins include:
- Invests $57,569,110 more in your local school districts, bringing per-student funding to an all-time high.
- Delivers free breakfast and lunch to all students, including 42,218 more kids in your community, saving families over $850 a year per kid.
- Dedicates $9,284,612 to your local school districts for mental health and school safety, and makes record investments in literacy, tutoring, and before- and after-school programs.
- Provides $8.5 million to support the Dexter Area Community Center.
- Provides $5 million to help establish a comprehensive outdoor recreation center, Freedom River, in Livingston County, which will assist in the re-assimilation of U.S. military service members, veterans and their families.
- Establishes Make it in Michigan Competitiveness Fund to secure incoming federal resources to build more manufacturing facilities, boost clean energy production, rebuild infrastructure, and make the technology of the future.
“This budget also includes some great wins specifically for our district, including funding for the Dexter Area Community Center and $5 million to help establish a comprehensive outdoor recreation center, Freedom River, in Livingston County. This new center will assist in the re-assimilation of U.S. military service members, veterans and their families. It’s a new day in Michigan, and I’m so excited to see what this budget will help us accomplish,” Conlin concluded.